e-Democracy Conference 2012 Overview
For the third year in a row, beautiful Ohrid welcomed around 70 enthusiasts and supporters of the e-Democracy concept, among them representatives from Parliaments, Governments, Official Journals, international organizations, businesses and academics. Through the valuable support we received from our partners, we were able to achieve the aim of this Conference: to connect different e-Democracy shareholders and encourage their communication, cooperation and exchange of experiences and best practices.
Sun, 23 September 2012 – Tue, 25 September 2012
Hotel Inex Gorca
Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia
The e-Democracy Conference 2012 was organized by Nextsense, together with the Centre for e-Governance Development from Slovenia, as a conference organizing partner.
е-Democracy conference 2012 organizing partners
For the third time the e-Democracy Conference was supported by the European Union and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation – SDC.
е-Democracy conference 2012 supporting partners
National Democratic Institute-NDI
Macedonian Center for International Cooperation (MCIC)
е-Democracy conference 2012 media partner
Portline, Airport Media Solutions
е-Democracy conference 2012 event organizer:
- The programme of the e-Democracy conference 2012 was focused on the following core work-streams:
- Narrowing the compliance divide due to rapid change of legislation
- Policy and Program life-cycle management
- Social media as innovative ways to increase civic participation
- Transparency and oversight in the processes of policy making
- ICT to increase transparency and accountability